Thursday, August 13, 2009

Days Forty nine through Seventy - I'm Back!!

Forgive me, followers, for I have sinned, it has been three weeks and two days since my last blog entry. I'm not sure that not blogging is a sin but trust me, I have sinned in many other ways like slothfulness; pridefulness; gluttony, well you get the idea. We won't dwell on that any longer.
So does this remind anyone else of a church ceiling?

It was interesting to see who noticed or at least commented on my absence. Susie and Maggie were probably the first. Then Tony, our house designer. Even in a meeting this past Tuesday with Lee, our youth pastor, I got a gentle nudge. You would think a nudge from a "man of the cloth" would get me right on it. (Lee, when was the last time someone called you "a man of the cloth"? I'm guessing, never.) But, NO! It took an email from my sister June to get me back on the Blog. See it's that birth order thing. The oldest sister still has power over the youngest. I mean if you called the number on my cell phone for "Bossie Sister" who would answer? June, of course. So when I got this (And still no pictures on wastenot farm blog! :() in an email from June what else could I do but post a new blog entry. I do not want to be responsible for June posting frowny faces on the internet.

So let's see, what have we done since Tuesday, July 21? Well I moped around (no, I didn't ride a mo-ped, that would be mopeded around) several days feeling sorry for myself, missing my daughters a whole lot. We celebrated Tony's birthday with a hot dog and s'more roast in Jake's fire pit. (Thanks for building it, Jake. Sorry we didn't get to use it at your wedding. It had dried out nicely by August 8th.) Hilary and I picked about 70 gallons of green beans, well maybe not quite that many, but I froze 7 gallons and that is a lot of frozen green beans. (I could probably go pick another 3 gallons right now but instead I think I'll bore you a little while longer.) Tony and I both had appointments with Dr Hill, our eye doctor. We went to Columbia to get the document cabinet I bought way back over Memorial Day weekend. I picked out shingles, siding, soffits, decking, rock, etc. I comparison shopped for things like doors, lights, ceiling fans, etc. I played about 150 games of KenKen (that one probably isn't an exaggeration.) And I spent some quality time with my granddaughters. I taught Rylee how to play Sudoku and I tried to teach Andie how to play KenKen but she just doesn't seem to grasp it, yet. Oh, and I discovered Craigs List. Oh my gosh, it is a good thing I have no money.

6 comments:

  1. I forced you to pick out Shingles, Shiding and such. Too many decisions for a person with Adult ADD and others tend to go mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were there, you would have much less than 7 gallons of green beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we had lots more, but Rylee has eaten her weight in green beans. Hil and I picked again this morning and got at least 8 gallons more. That is unsnapped so will be some less when we eat them or freeze them but not much less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Sister clearly wasn't bossy enough because it took two pokes. I'm glad you're back. It's looking great. Can't wait to see the finished thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you're back on your blog - Sadie has spent the last 3 weeks digging up our yard trying to get the pesky moles and Bob has spent 3 weeks filling the holes up. Silly man!
    I can't believe you just discovered Craig's List - we have our Lost Valley membership for sale on it now - thanks, Lost Valley, for burning up another building - it really makes the value of the membership go up in flames.

    ReplyDelete