Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day Forty-one - Plumbing & Sewing

This afternoon Nic worked on the plumbing in the basement. I assume all of this has something to do with the bathroom. I'm going strictly on location.

Rylee spent the afternoon with me and we had a little sewing lesson. (I had lunch with my friend Liz and she wanted to stay for the sewing lesson but had to go back to work.)
My granddaughters are the least selfish children I have ever know and I credit my daughter-in-law for that wonderful character trait. When we were talking about what we were going to sew she told me she wanted to make a skirt out of this poodle print and give it to her friend for her birthday. It was pretty easy to figure out the fit as Rylee and her friend are the very same size. Rylee does a great job sewing a nice straight line and likes to watch the serger preform surgery. (Her description, not mine.)
I wanted you to see how cute the skirt came out. And as a bonus, you get to appreciate my winter house slippers. Rylee thinks they are an intricate part of the sewing outfit. She is quite the little fashion plate.

Liz, if you had been able to stick around I would have found a more age appropriate fabric for you but it still would have been a tiered skirt. Do you still feel bad about missing this lesson?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, tiered skirts are not high on my fashion 'must have' list, but I'm sure we could have come up with something I could clean house in! I'd still rather have stayed for the sewing lesson than gone back to work.

    ReplyDelete