Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day Thirty four - Saying Good Bye to M & J

Mags and Jake aren't leaving until Thursday but I won't see them after today so I had to say good bye.
For the last two weeks I have have a very full house. Two old geezers and four young adults create a whole lot more laundry than just two old geezers. And with those young adults came piles and piles of baby showers gifts and wedding gifts; wedding decorations; stuff out of Mags apartment; and just stuff (crap) in general. (Hilary told me it was piles of love not crap.) In spite of the chaos and mess, it was the absolute best two weeks of my life (so far). I loved every minute of it. The kids were great to pitch in and fix meals and clean up the kitchen and anything else that needed to be done. In fact Tony is going to miss Bryce and Jake when he has to go back to doing all of the mowing/weed eating/etc. by himself.

I think my best memories may not be the big events (and those will be great memories) but the ones of the small events as my kids having fun together.

After Mags and Jake headed out for St. Francois County to visit some of his family, I had a Dilly Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment