Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day Twenty-one - Fathers

Nic, Bryce and Tony finished installing the subfloor this evening.  Bryce was in charge of adhesive application.
Nic positioned the plywood sheets and ran the nail gun.
Tony apparently supervised.  Well, he did hit a few nails that the nail gun didn't quite sink.  (Isn't he just about the cutest thing you ever saw?)
We celebrated Father's Day tonight.  Hilary smoked absolutely delicious spare ribs and made her world famous broccoli/grape salad; Andie prepared corn for the cob for the grill; I dug potatoes and cut cabbage and prepared both for the grill; Jake grilled the veggies and brats.  A good time was had by all.

It was way cool to have all of my family together, I guess maybe for the very first time we had the 11 of us at one meal.  I know how much it has always meant to Mama to have all of her kids/ grandkids together and but until recently I didn't exactly understand it.  I am guessing that my kids don't understand it either (for now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment