Friday, June 5, 2009

Life Goes On



















Maggie planting sunflowers and working on her tan.

Other things happened on the farm yesterday beside the dozer digging a big hole.  Our youngest daughter, Maggie, came up and helped set out plants.  I have heirloom tomato plants in the greenhouse waiting for the soil to dry out enough to plant as well as pepper plants.  Maggie was a great help but she needs to work on keeping her rows straight.  We also planted several native plants I had purchased at the Native Plant Sale at the arboretum.  Those went into a border along side our driveway.  I had started sunflowers for Maggie's July 4th wedding but after a total crop failure and a late second start, I think we will be purchasing sunflowers at the flower market.  We did transplant the second crop of sunflowers yesterday and I figure we will have sunflowers out our ears about August.  I wonder if sunflowers would sell at the farmers market.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are giving all of us a way to keep up with what the old hippies are doing! And these two old--cuties (we aren't hippies unless that describes my hips themselves!) are looking forward to wasting not with you all in a few short weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was working on my tan, but actually I was working on a sunburn!

    ReplyDelete