Friday, June 5, 2009

Driveway

Dan extended the driveway from the barn on up to the homesite today.

I am so busted.  For years I have made fun of circle drives while lecturing in Landscape Design class.  They are ugly; they usually take attention away from the front door; and some homeowners just can't resist the temptation to do "cute" things like a bird bath in the center of a bulls eye of  flowers.  In my defense, it is not a circle drive, it is a tear drop drive and it is not in the middle of the front yard, it is kind of at the corner of two porches.  I am going to have fun landscaping this area.  I kind of need to camouflage the well.  I'm thinking a lovely wishing well; a few garden gnomes;  and a fake deer family.

2 comments:

  1. And surely somewhere in your notes you have plans for a horsetank fish pond like a certain family elder created for his patient wife.

    My ground pea Apis americana ? is taking over. Did yours come up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ground pea is also doing well. I did the typical redneck thing of placing an iron bed headboard at the base of the martin house pole. The vine has cover the headboard and is heading up the pole. I was trying to decide yesterday where to plant those sweet pea plants you gave me. And I have a Dutchman's pipe vine I need to find a home. After the great porcelain vine takeover on Southpark I swore I would never plant another vine. I guess I wasn't listening. By the way that daylily you gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago is just about to bloom.

    ReplyDelete