Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day Twenty six - Cooler Weather

It takes a lot of fluid to keep working when the temperature is in the upper 90's. But fortunately, the heat wave broke and today was very pleasant.
Life in general, like wedding stuff; baby stuff; and day jobs got in the way and nothing happened on the house. Not that I am doing anything on the house, but I used the day to give attention to my much neglected house and car interiors. In my opinion, pretty much a waste of such a pretty day.

I did venture up to the house late in the afternoon to get these photos and to just soak in the aura of my new house. Do houses have an aura? Maybe I was just bonding with the house. If I bond with it now, it will be easier to keep clean later, right?

This photo was taken in what will the the dining area. The ladder is standing near the future staircase. Behind it is the bathroom, closet, and laundry room.

This photo is taken from the living room area. It gives you a pretty good feel for the master bedroom loft. The area straight behind the ladder this time is my studio, the future home of several sewing machines and looms and one large antique oak document cabinet. I designed the studio with a spot for a long arm quilter to be acquired in the future.

I am looking forward to Nic getting the staircase in so I can get the feel of the loft. I considered trying to get up there with the ladder but thought better of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment