Friday, June 5, 2009

Oops, I Spoke Too Soon

O.K. there was rock.  But fortunately it was pretty deep and only in the very southeast corner of the house.  In the area with the suspended concrete ceiling under the south porch.  Nic calls it the "vault", I call it the "cellar".  Must be a generational thing.



















This is Dan, the rock crusher man.  You will see more of him because he is also Dan, the driveway man and Dan, the septic system lateral field man.  When Nic told me they had hit rock and were going to have to bring in a crusher, I ask, "So they won't have to blast?"  He gave me a look like, "No Mom, you aren't in St. Francois County, anymore."















1 comment:

  1. It may not surprise you that your father suggests just leaving rock exposed in that corner of the basement. Tony could carve runes on it.

    ReplyDelete